Saturday, October 15, 2011

Team member interview: Gabbi

HELLO EVERYONE! So, it is October 15th, which is the secret kick off day that I had planned.

I'm going to get the ball rolling with an interview of a team member...ME. Now, this is going to be slightly awk because I am interviewing myself, but as a writer I am generally accustomed to talking to myself.

So, tell us about yourself.
My name is Gabbi. I'm 15 years old - a sophomore in high school. I read, I blog, I write, and I am (newly) an intern for Entangled Publishing, where I read manuscripts and give my feedback. I'm pretty much obsessed with all things paranormal, which is something you will come to know quite well! My favorite color is yellow. I'm in love with the band Every Avenue. I'm always hungry. I'm quirky and weird and awesome. Stick around and you'll see for yourself :D

Why did you start WriTEEN Adventures?
Well, like I said, I'm 15 and I love to write. Wanting to be a writer at such a young age is hard, because most of the people I talk to don't understand WHY. Someone told me that because I read and write a lot, I basically just do school things. I was OFFENDED. I mean, I want to be an English teacher when I'm older, but I seriously HATE school. So, anyway, I wanted to form an online community with others who understand and love literature as much as I do!

How can I stalk you?
OOOH! STALKERZ = LOVE. Only the bookly stalkers, though. Okay, you can find me on...
Twitter: @BookBreather
My other blog: http://bookbreather4lyfe.blogspot.com/
And you can email me and we can be zee best of frands! gabbicalabrese@hotmail.com

What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
MY GOSH! Why did I ask myself this. Note to self: Don't trust self with questioning self.
Anyways, I'll be a good sport about my own traitorous actions and answer it honestly.
*Cringe* One time, in eighth grade, I got my period in class. SUPER AWK.
DON'T JUDGE.

What are you currently reading?
LALAALALALA. ME, READ? Pshht. I would never do such a thing.
AIGHT. Sorry...must have had too much caffeine!
I am currently alternating between a few books:
Ashfall by Mike Mullin, Frozen by Robin Wasserman, and Fury be Elizabeth Miles.

DANG GIRL. You got lotz on your plate!
Tell me about it! And could not have come at a worse time! Now I get to start reading manuscripts, the school quarter is ending, my choir is going to all-region this weekend. GR.

So, with all that in mind, do you have anything lined up to read next?
Is that even a question!? I love books so much. If I didn't have anything lined up...I would probably be freaking out. Anyway, I know that the books I have lined up next are:

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, and Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM TO BE GETTING THIS ARC!!!!)

Incarnate!? LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I'm aware. And a huge thanks goes out to a new virtual friend/tween book blogger, HD at Reading Writing Breathing Book Reviews for giving it to me! AH! He's also giving me an ARC of Glow by Amy Kathleen. He's awesome. GO FOLLOW HIS BLOG!

So, do you have any writing inspirations?
.....
DOT DOT FREAKING DOT.
That's like asking Justin Bieber if his pants are a litttttle too tight (JK, I LOVE ME THE JBIEBZ)
But for real. I have a ton of writing inspirations. In fact, I have so many that naming them all would drain away all my time. So, I'll name a few that I firmly believe will never change and I'll never forget.

Richelle Mead. She is the author of The Vampire Academy series, and two adult series that I haven't read yet (I can't find them ANYWHERE!!!!) Anyway, I love Richelle Mead. I got my first ever signed book from her and I am truly fangirl for her work. I pimp the VA series all over my book blog. No joke. I don't think I go a week without bringing it up.

Also, Cassandra Clare - author of The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series. Anyone who can make a character like Jace is a true goddess.

And freshly added to this list is Lauren Oliver, author of Delirium and Before I Fall. I haven't read Before I Fall yet, but it is definitely on my list. After reading Delirium I was breathless. Her writing is so beautiful and I will be eternally envious.

What is your number one dream?
To be carried around in a kangaroo pouch.

Third or first person? Past or present tense?
First and past. I've tried writing with the alternatives and I've always had a really hard time finding my character's voice.

Will you be participating in NaNoWriMo?
Yes! I will! I don't know if I'll complete the 50k words, but I already have the basic gist (how redundant!) of what I am going to write.

Biggest must-have while writing?
Something to chew on (preferably twizzlers) otherwise I'll bite my lip or my nails - and those are already in horrible condition.


That's all for now! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed :) Stay tuned for Margiie's interview coming tomorrow!

If you are a teen who adores writing, you can join the team! All you have to do is locate the link in the sidebar and fill out the aapplication :D

No comments: