Monday, October 24, 2011

Time

I'm on to you guys. Every single one of you who actually accomplishes something (or a lot of somethings) everyday, I am ON TO YOU. You obviously have a time elongate-a-nator. Why does it seem like some people have 48 hours in their days?


See that? It's time SHATTERING.
Because I feel like that's what happens to time. It just shatters and falls around my feet in lonely shards. I know that I should pick those shards up, or catch them before they hit the floor. But sometimes I just CAN'T.

I've got school, and when I get home I have homework. Then I have emails to reply to and read. Tweets to reply to. Blogs to stalk. A blog to write. TWO blogs to write, actually. Books to read. A story to write. MULTIPLE stories to write, actually. And to top it all of, I'm kind of a sleep princess. If I don't get at least six hours I'm a total zombie.

Looking at all the stuff I do on a daily/weekly basis is kind of astounding. And while I do actually accomplish things, it's like my to-do list is perpetually being added to. I've got deadlines to meet, books to review, eBooks to keep track of. And I am a super unorganized girl, so it's not as simple for me as it should be.

But here's the thing, I love all of the stuff I have to do. Sure, the pressure can be a little overwhelming, but I love it all. Except maybe the school and homework part, but unfortunately I HAVE to stick to that. I just need a better time management system...and apparently less means of distraction. Like this blog post. I should be writing my story right now.

So tell me, lovely readers. How do you get things done? Do you struggle with balancing everything like I do? Or have you found a good system? Really, I'd LOVE to hear it!


No comments: